Saturday, February 14, 2009

...and comes the big PARTY!

Just few days back, i was blogging about my daughter's 1st birthday which was a more simpler one since her dad is not home yet. But as promised, we had a big PARTY for our daughter last Feb 11. And it was a very happy and magical birthday party i ever organized. The theme was Backyardigans (my daughter's fave cartoon tv show) and everything from party hats, to give aways, paper plates, balloons were all Backyardigans inspired. She has 2 cakes and 1 of course is Backyardigans' cake and the other is a Princess cake. I know, Princess is not my theme but I just wanna show everyone that my little daughter is a princess in our hearts. Below are some highlights of the event.






















The party was held in a chinese restaurant and we had it reserved for us for 2 hours. We really opted for a smaller venue this time so it would be more intimate and have it closed exclusively for our event. And it was indeed a good decision and the place was packed with only our guests. We had a small game for kids and everyone sang happy birthday to my daughter. The moment was perfect. I am overjoyed and i can feel that hubby feels the same way too. I'm sure Arabella is very happy with the way we had it celebrated.

As mentioned in my last blog, my hubby and i decided to make our own family tradition which is giving our little Arabella, 18 gifts for her first birthday. Below are her birthday presents from us and the rest are from our guests.







Not sure what to expect next year but it will be something different from the first one and one thing is for sure, we will do everything to make our daughter the happiest baby!