Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's day celebration

Last month, I wrote a blog on how we spent our Mother's day. And now, it is my turn to commend my hubby for a job well done for being a perfect daddy to Ella. Since its now summer time, we opted to visit some tourist spots here in Alberta and the Tyrrell dinosaur museum in Drumheller (1-2 hours away from our place) is a perfect place for kids and kids at heart like myself and Noel.

We hit the road at around 10:30am, and since we didn't ate anything for breakfast, we stop by at my fave coffeshop and grab a grande hot choco for two and banana cake to go with it. Ella is also feasting on some chocolates in her car seat but it turn out to be a messy food to give your kid especially that, it went all to her shirt! Good thing, i always have my trusted diaper bag with extra clothes and some wipes in the car to clean all the mess. So off we go. It took us atleast 2 hours to get there as we missed our stop (which happens most of the time) as me and hubby never runs out of topic to talk about while he is driving (two things at the same time..hmmm... not possible). We finally reached the museum at 12:30 and there we met with our family and friends who were vacationing here from Vancouver. Since we were late, they went home just after we greeted each other at the entrance of the museum. So, my family of 3 just proceeded to exploring the dinosaur museum and we all enjoyed the dino fossils, the rich history of Drumheller and over all, my daughter was so amazed and really love looking and touching the dinosaurs! Hmmm... I can sense a first Paleontologist in the family =)
Here are some pictures inside the Tyrrell museum.







After a quick tour at the museum, we went home and quickly prepared dinner for the family. We invited some friends and families to spend the Father's day at our home. Nothing really fancy but some good ol' way of thanking our dads for a job well done of raising us and now that I have Noel, its one way of saying, he is important to us and that we love him so much!





On another note ...
...Wherever you are Papa, happy Papa's day to you too. I miss you.