Friday, July 10, 2009

My bday trip






It was a nice Sunday morning and since we were quite tired from our trip to the amusement park just before my birthday, we slept all day and woke up at around 12-ish. And I was coming back and forth to the other room where Noel is sleeping (He doesn't sleep at our master bedroom because Ella and I is occupying it, my daughter is not used to sleeping in her own room! We are just using it for her clothes and toys. So, Noel has no choice but to move to the guest room and sleep there since my little girl sleeps and moves like a "torpedo"). That time, Noel is still asleep while my daughter just woke up and watching her favorite morning cartoons on TV. I headed downstairs and prepared brunch for us and asked Noel to go for a shower so we could start moving. There were some delays (as usual) but we finally hit the road at 2pm and I was beginning to feel cranky. I was telling my hubby that my birthday is almost done and we haven't started our trip yet. Of course, Noel is still very positive that we will have a good day despite our late start. We drove for 2 1/2 hours and as always we missed our stop again... which is a result of non-stop talking while he is driving. And we could have gone all the way to Vancouver if I didn't see the sign saying "Welcome to British Columbia!" huh?!! We actually left Alberta! But it was fun, although I am very, very hungry but I guess as what Noel is always telling me, nothing is really precious if you spend it with your loved ones. Awwww!


So, finally we reached our destination. Lake Louise is as always breathtaking. The mountains, the lakes, the flowers, everything is perfect as if you are looking at a post card. We took some pictures and we headed to Fairmont Hotel (a five star hotel just in front of the lake! wow! TRIVIA: during our honeymoon days, Noel and I went to Fairmont Hotel in Banff and it costs us almost $500/night!). So, we had our LU-NNER (lunch and dinner) in the hotel and the food was great! First time after a long, long time that I had an alcoholic drink (Long Island). It was ok, although I specifically instructed to make the alcohol minimal ("just a touch of alcohol -- I said") but I think they forgot and they still gave me a quite strong liquor... somehow I guess they knew it was my birthday! =) So, we had great food, good conversation as always and we resume taking pictures inside and outside the hotel.

Before going home, we stopped by at Banff and ate dinner and headed home. There were some stops, as Ella is getting cranky and wants to get out of the car so we stopped for a while in an overlooking area where we took some pictures again. And we're home by 11pm and called it a day. It was a very simple celebration but mind you, it was one of the best birthday I had =)