Saturday, March 28, 2009

Call from a friend

Three days ago, I got a call from a friend and asking for my help regarding her marital issues. So i called and listened to her anguish for half an hour, trying to figure out what went wrong and who made the mistake. She was very upset and I tried my best to calm her and I hope I did. Of course she was talking about her usual problem that rooted from only one cause. The Inlaws! Hayyy I just wish they don't exist. Would it be nice to live in a world without your inlaws?! Hmmm.. That could be paradise! Anyway going back to my friend, I just hope I made her feel better.
Two days ago, another friend called and invited me and my daughter for a lunch meeting with his mom! He's a friend of my hubby and we were friends since we became "kumpadres" as he is my daughter's godfather. In his culture, they don't usually practice this side of being Catholic but he accepted to be one as a sign of good gesture. Anyway, months ago, He was already talking about his mom being excited to meet with my daughter. I guess just because the mom is longing for a grandchild which she doesn't have yet (Yes, he is marrying this wonderful girlfriend of his by Spring next year). And then came the call and asked me if I could meet with them for lunch. And of course I said yes. I met the mom and she was very warm. She obviously likes my daughter and treated her as her own grandchild (owwww). We had a very nice lunch not because of the food they served at the restaurant (I am not a big fan of the restaurant) but because of the love and care that they're showing not only to my daughter but to our family as well. Hayyy.. isn't it good to have someone like them?

Yesterday, a colleague/friend called and asked questions which are work related. I answered and we agreed on something regarding a project that we are both involved. Since I am not feeling well (normal colds), she wishes for my fast recovery. Though it was mostly pure business but getting calls as simple as that brightens my day.
Of course, I get calls all the time from my hubby and from my sister and mom in the Philippines thru YM. I am just so glad that we get calls like these once in awhile from someone very dear to us. And also these calls sometimes break but most of the time makes your day!